LG has announced the US pricing and availability of its 2019 OLED TV series, including the C9, E9 and W9 OLED's.
The first of these TVs, the 55-inch LG OLED55C9PUA, will be available for $ 2,500 in April before coming out for the $ 12,999 77-inch OLED77W9PUA in June.
Here is a complete breakdown of the price structure:
- 55-inch C9 OLED (54.6 inch diagonal) – OLED55C9PUA – $ 2,499 (available in April)
- 65-inch C9 OLED (64.5 inch diagonal) – OLED65C9PUA – $ 3,499 (available in April)
- 77-inch C9 OLED (76.8 inch diagonal) – OLED77C9PUB – $ 6.99 (available in May)
- 55-inch E9 OLED (54.6 inch diagonal) – OLED55E9PUA – $ 3,299 (available in June)
- 65-inch E9 OLED (64.5 inch diagonal) – OLED65E9PUA – $ 4,299 (available in April)
- 65-inch W9 OLED (64.5 inch diagonal) – OLED65W9PUA – $ 6.99 (available in June)
- 77-inch W9 OLED (76.7 inch diagonal) – OLED77W9PUA – $ 12,999 (available in June)
Missing from this setup, you may have noticed, is the entry level B9 OLED and higher-end Rollable OLED TV R – both of which are still in the making, but it looks like LG won't reveal their price and release date until later this year .
Is this the year to buy an OLED?
Let's face it, every year is a good year to buy an OLED if you can afford it.
That said, this year's TV recordings reflect the pricing we saw last year. That probably means that the new models will be relatively expensive if you buy one in April, May or June, but will fall in price toward Black Friday and next year's Super Bowl.
If you stick to it until then, or at least until the B9 OLED comes out somewhere in June or July, you can choose to save some money.
Regarding the comparison between this year's OLED ' s harvest and last year's, LG wanted to hype the second-generation Alpha A9 processor, which offers a multi-step upscaling for noise reduction, as well as support for both important personal as assistants, Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant, at this year's OLED ' s.
You will also find HDMI 2.1 instead of standard HDMI 2.0 ports, which allows you to play 4K high frame rate content (4K HFR) with variable refresh rate (VRR) and use an enhanced audio return channel (eARC).
That said, if your only concern concerns image performance, last year's comparable LG C8 OLED remains one of the best TVs in 2019 and can now be delivered for less than $ 1800, so you can't do it in any way going wrong.
- Here & apos; s what you need to know about OLED TV ' s